Tuesday 10 July 2007

Frustrations.

I'm incredibly frustrated at the moment, I've decided on the Dresden Plate pattern for my quilt, I've ordered my fabrics and some books, but because of the postal strikes in the UK I have no idea when I'll recieve them.
I have tried to get on with my cross stitch, but I just can't settle to it.
I spent hours surfing in countless patchwork and quilting sites before I finally found the Dresden Plate pattern at Quilt Blocks Galore. I had no idea there were so many different designs, the lovely Marcia Hohn has collected many, many designs together and posted them along with some of her own originals, on her site. Each block comes with a printable template or paper piecing guide and easy to follow instructions. Many of the blocks also have examples of full sized quilts. I found the site to be a huge inspiration and thoroughly enjoyed browsing it's many pages.

4 comments:

Julia said...

Hi Loulee,
Thank you for the comment on my blogs...
You can do it!..once you get into p/work, there'll be no stopping you.
Just enjoy it and have fun as you learn.

Grangry said...

Keep it up Loulee, its fun! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Gina E. said...

Thanks for visiting me as well! I sympathise with your feelings of frustration with blogging; it took me months to get the hang of basic blogging, and even now I'm stumped sometimes!
Gina in Oz.

Gina E. said...

Hi again, Loulee, I have just been looking at your online photo album - wow, you are one talented lady! Love all your craft works, especially the "africa" cushions!