Wednesday 11 July 2007

Pictures.

I hope, I've been off, got busy with the camera and took the promised pictures before I popped all the fabric pieces into the washing machine. They will be ready to iron when I get home from earning a living tomorrow.

Yippie! It worked. This first collection of 5 fat quarters is called English Porcelain.


Another nice collection, this one is called Crackle Porcelain.


And last but not least, spectrum.


As soon as I saw the Dresden plate examples I knew I wanted to do the plates in blue, how appropriate then, that I found blue fabrics entitled Porcelain. Trust me, in real life they look much better, and blend well together. I plan to mix and match them throughout the piecing process not sticking to the original collections or any set pattern. Though I may save that particularly dark blue piece for the centres of the plates.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Great choice Loulee!
And what better name for fabric going into a dresden plate quilt.
It will be lovely...