Monday 3 December 2007

More Stitcheries.

I really enjoy these little stitcheries, they are so quick to work. I've been hunting around the net looking for complimentary patterns.

I found this little guy here. Isn't he a sweetie. I'll be making him into a christmas card for my Mum, she has a little Scottie dog and will appreciate something handmade.


I haven't pressed either of these two pieces yet, as if you can't tell! I'm going to make two of these second pieces. I'll put them with the redwork bell and make a table runner.


As usual I've changed my mind, you may remember I was going to make a table runner similar to this one Julia made, using just the bell, but then I saw this and had to stitch it too. I found this one at a childrens activity site.
I remembered reading somewhere that childrens colouring books are ideal places to find stitcheries so I went looking and found a whole host of little images I'd love to stitch.

Finally, last but most certainly not least.....Hunneys Christmas card. (Edited to say, I originally thought this was a Pam Kellogg piece, however she assures me it is not. So I don't know where I found it, I'm sorry but if you have any ideas or if it's your design, please let me know so I can add the proper credit.) The pattern is actually for a piece of blackwork, but I left out all of the fancy filligree stitching, I think they look just fine as they are.



To make the stitching up into a card, I put an off cut of wadding onto a piece of card, then wrapped the critters around that, securing them at the back with double sided tape, then the whole thing was secured to the red card with more double sided tape. I added stickies and now need only write a little poem for inside.


8 comments:

Janet said...

I like them all ! The cat and mouse is so cute! A wonderful idea for a X-mas card!

Angie said...

Your stitcheries look wonderful! And thanks so much for the excellent tip (and link) about kids' coloring pages to use as stitcheries. :>

Sew Create It - Jane said...

The cat and mouse card is adorable. You've got such patiences to do those stitcheries. I get very frustrated when I try to do any kind of embroidery.

angelstar said...

Wow Loulee. I love the cat and mouse. It's so cute and the idea for about the kids coloring books are a great idea. I would have never thought of it. Keep up the great work Loulee!!!

Susan said...

Thanks for the links. I love the little Scottie, and the card is adorable.

YankeeQuilter said...

The little scottie is wonderful! I have a little one named MacBeth. Thanks for the tip on making the cards.

Marilyn Robertson said...

The little scottie is adorable! What a great idea to put your stitcheries on Christmas cards.

mereth said...

I too love the little Scottie dog, he'll make a lovely card with that red bow. I also think your Christmas tree skirt is a wonderful idea, and you did it so quick- congrats!