Thursday 14 February 2008

Twisted Strips is finished.

I didnt quite finish it yesterday before I had to go to work, so took 20 mins when I got home to finish closing the binding. Hunney was amazed. Not only by it being done so fast, but also, like me, by how the addition of the blue flowers as sashing and border and the black binding changed it.


If you remember I had selected a group of fabrics I particularly didn't like and wanted to use up. Once I had them made up into blocks I liked the result even less! LOL Then came accross the blue trousers and chopped them up. It started to look better at that point, and better still with the addition of the black binding. I quilted it with a very simple in the ditch around the blocks then an X accross the blocks and finally up the sides of the strip of strips in the middle.

Now I'll have to come up with something else to do. I'm itching to do some more stitchery. I enjoyed the little pieces I made as Christmas cards and fancy having another go. Can anyone suggest a good site for patterns and inspiration?



2 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Not quite patterns...but a great tutorial for French Knots...as you saying you couldn't do them. Hope this helps.

http://www.purlbee.com/knot-know-how-tutorial/drawing-with-french-knots.html

Lynda said...

This quilt has turned out gorgeous! It's amazing what sashing and borders can do to integrate blocks and bring the best out in them. the black binding is a master-stroke - black always makes the colours sing!