Thursday 13 March 2008

Work in Progress

As promised, pics of my latest project.

I'm playing around with the Trailing Hearts Pattern. I've added some extra stitchery to it.

It's difficult to see on any of the pics I've taken, but the strange lobster claw bits are supposed to be buds and they have pink stitching to, to depict the beginnings of flowers.

I'm once again using an old towel as batting and I'm quilting as I go. Here I've stitched through all three layers around the large heart in the centre and put on the first border.


A quick press then I started making a pieced border of 4 inch squares, they do sound big, but they suit the design, I have three of them stitched on, but hey guess what? One of them is upside down. So before I can do anything else today I'll have to rip, rip, rip. I have fabric here for another solid border then a lovely red binding. I hope to get this one finished tomorrow.

Happy Stitching.

No comments: