Monday 16 June 2008

Bob The Builder! Home improvement pics.

Well actually his name is Tony! We've had a builder in this week and he has worked wonders. Remember my bare sitting room walls?

Well now the old fireplace and chimney breast looks like this. Much improved and it means I've been able to get all of our CDs out from their boxes under the stairs.


Do you remember the study? No shelves, nowhere to put things away?
We now have book shelves. Yippie, all the folders holding all those important bits and pieces are out of their boxes and onto shelves. Hunneys University stuff is all put away. Much better.
But it doesn't stop there.....
Bob the builder saved his best work for the Dressing room/ walk in wardrobe. It was just a big bare box, the land lord had a cheek calling this a wardrobe!

Now it is a wardrobe! I have shelves to put stuff away and plenty of hanging space. There is still a chest of drawers tucked away around the corner too. I've been able to unpack all of my clothes at last, because we moved in January/ February I had only my winter clothes out and had to dig for some summer gear.
Now it's all out and hung up. Hunney too found some old friends.
It feels so good to get things unpacked.
Life and work and Bob the builder have got in the way of a more relaxing stitchy quilty life though, I haven't picked up a needle in days. I did manage a flicker through a magazine though and a look around blogland, so lots of inspiration. Oh!! And I had a dream about my Jelly Roll! LOL I have a Strawberry Lemonade Jelly Roll here burning a hole in the drawer wanting out! I dreamed about making this quilt with it, I think I'd better do something soon huh? I also have the Strawberry Lemonade Layer Cake, so maybe a pieced back?
Not today though, today I want to just sit! I think perhaps some cross stitch.

Hope you had a good weekend.

5 comments:

Jane said...

I know exactly how you feel, we moved January too. It is so lovely to finally get all your bits put away know where to find them. I thought we were sussed until I wanted some knitting patterns, but I can't think where I've put them. As good an excuse as any to go and buy another!

Janet said...

Looks like "home"!

Glad to see you are finally settled in to stay!

Unknown said...

Looks terrific. I noticed the lovely KIWI flag on the wall, can I ask who the Kiwi is?

Rose Marie said...

Doesn't it feel good to get organized .... bet it feels like home now.

black bear cabin said...

gotta love extra storage!!! we live in a 90 year old cabin, and there is only one closet in the whole place :(
i have been adding shelves anywhere i can...cant wait till we finally build a walk in closet off the bedroom...in the meantime, i have bins galore shoved under all the beds :)
Your place looks great!