Thursday 26 June 2008

Cross stitching.

I forgot to mention that I am off work this week, nothing wrong, just taking a few days off to rest and relax. For those who remember I was applying for other jobs, but after some frank talks with my nice boss I've agreed to stay put and we are going to re arrange my schedule a little to make life easier for me. Oh yes! And I've taken on additional responsibilities.

Right, back to the nice things in life, yesterday afternoon I did very little to be honest, I sat watching a movie while I stitched this little beauty. I just adore dragonflies, there is something very magical about them.

I wish I'd thought to add some sparkly thread to this one but never mind, he's done now. I'm not sure what I'll do with him, I think he may fly onto a little bag.

Do you remember some time ago one of my service users was leaving and having a big sort out before she left? Well this almost complete cross stitch is one I inherited from her. It was filthy, goodness only knows how it got into the mess it was in. Yesterday I left it soaking in a little soapy water and managed to get most of the dirt off, there is just one tiny stain left, right in the middle at the bottom. (You can see it on this pic.) I'm hoping that my framer will be able to hide it for me.

This one is so close to finished I just have to do it. Problem is the chart is in tatters! Though I did manage to photocopy the relevant area, there are one or two spots I'll have to guess at, hopefully when I get to them it will be clear what thread I need to use. Speaking of threads, yep, you guessed it, no threads either, but there is a list of the Anchor numbers so I'm off out to purchase those this morning.

Now I'm spoiled for choice, to stitch my Endangered Babies, or the Dressing Table Bear?

Have a happy day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lou I just love your dragonfly. I have one similar. I love all dragonflies too.

Janet said...

Cute little dragonfly..I think it would look great on a bag too!

What a cute bear...it looks like someone put a lot of time into that...it's a shame it wasn't finished...but then if it was, it may not have come to you!

Good luck with it.

Jane said...

The dragonfly is beautiful, love vein markings on the wings. My boys are hoping we will get some real ones on our pond

Karen said...

The dragonfly is very pretty. I have a good friend who collects dragonfly items. I just purchased a pretty magnetic needle keeper for her with a dragonfly on it.