Tuesday 17 June 2008

Strawberry Lemonade.

Sounds delicious doesn't it?

I finally got around to playing with my Jelly Roll. I've been dreaming about this. I just spent a very pleasant hour with the evening sun shining onto my table and here is the first batch all made up.

They look great, I'm pleased with the way they have turned out, although I am sort of working to a pattern here, I didn't purchase or design anything, I'm just eyeballing the image online and working from that.
I know this is a variation of a log cabin, but I have no idea what it's called. Any suggestions?

I also have a layer cake of the same fabric collection and had thought to make a pieced back, but since then I had the idea of combining the Jelly roll and the layer cake to make one big top. We'll see what happens there.

Well that's me, I'm off to cross stitch for a while before bed.

Night night.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Looking forward to seeing how this develops. The boys want me to do some patchwork. Just need to build up the enthusiasm. Haven't done any for a long time

Abby and Stephanie said...

I believe your block is called Bento Box. I did one just like it only the pattern I used is called Lunch Box. Pretty! I found you on Quilting Bloggers.

Rose Marie said...

These look interesting and I wonder what they will look like all finished up.