Saturday 14 February 2009

100g later

I just can't seem to catch the colours in this yarn. It really is a pretty dark pinkish colour, kind of heathery! No matter what I do, I can't get that in a photo, so you'll have to take my word for it.
Here's what a morning off work and a sleepless night will do.
I'm about one third of the way up the back of the jacket now and have just started my third ball of yarn. I really like the way this is knitting up, the pattern is easy to follow having only eight rows before repeating. The yarn too is nice to work with, being a chunky yarn it is quick to knit up, and also being 30% wool it is beautifully soft and smells Divine. (Yes I know it smells the same as sheep poo!) I have worked with pure wools, some better or softer that others, but I have to say this is one of the best blends I have ever come across.
I may even get around to making a second garment before I run out of knitting steam. But, that's not a promise, you know how fickle I can be. I have DS asking for a scarf, he spied something called a 'dragon scales' scarf while I was surfing about last night. I'd have to find the right yarn, somehow I don't think he'd go for the pinky red version the model shows.
*
I've been up since about 03.45 this morning, and showing no signs of feeling sleepy at all,so I'll get on and knit some more while I wait for the rest of the house and the town to wake, then it's off to the shops and get my chores done before enjoying a lazy day off, I may even put my feet up and get 40 winks later.
*
Gratitude's
1) Days off work.
2) Early morning quiet.
3) Hunney loves handmade cards.

4 comments:

Jane said...

It's a lovely pattern, should make for a cosy jacket

Lynda said...

I must say, I'm not an early riser (as DH will testify to!) but on the odd occasion I've been up really early, it's given me great pleasure to see the early morning world and people. Hope you had a nap later!

Julz said...

Hope you did get your 40 winks later in the day :) The jacket is looking lovely - nice pattern. Hugs Jx

Shirley Goodwin said...

Well done! That's coming along so well.