Monday 23 November 2009

Home again.

We're home, a little later than planned, but home safely. A three hour delay in Sydney meant that we missed our connecting flights to Manchester and then the Island, so we had an extra night away! We stayed in Manchester and enjoyed a relaxing evening and morning in our hotel recovering from our huge journey. It began at about 11am Friday in NZ and ended about 6am Sunday NZ time. We actually finally made it back to our own home at about 6am Monday NZ time!
It's cold and wet! The wind was blowing all night long and guess who couldn't sleep? So, I spent some time sorting out photos and doing a few other jobs.
*
I thought you might like to see a few more wedding pictures.

Our celebrant Wendy opens proceedings.
Tony's bro signing the license.
My bro organised a surprise for me.
Just one of the reasons I love him! ;-)
We took a stroll through the expansive gardens, stopping here and there for a photo.
Lee was in charge of the camera. Thank you Lee. XX
A very special lady, Tony's (Grand Mother) Nanny. She was born here in Britain and moved to NZ after the war.
Steve and Lee. Lee was not only the photographer she was also my brides assistant for the day, she took me shopping for the dress etc I slept over at her place the night before, she did my hair and probably stacks of other stuff I just don't remember.
Steve, Lee and family.
Hunneys sister Lisa, her husband and their family.Brothers!
Hunneys mum and his sister Lisa again! Shh! Don't tell either of them we managed to get a picture!
Uncle Tony with the children.
A special guest, he was invited, I had a word over the fence the day before. LOL
Our wedding cake.
*
Thank you to every one who has commented while we were away especially those who left good wishes before and after our wedding, you helped to make the day special too.
*
I have loads more pictures to show, you'll see them in the next few days.
I came home to a pile of mail including two very special packages. More about that next time.
*
Gratitude's
1) I had a great holiday.
2) I became a member of a lovely family.
3) I have more wonderful memories.

10 comments:

annemariesquilt said...

Congratulation on your wedding, I am so happy for you and looks like you and your Husband had a wonderful trip to NZ.
I do not realy know you, but I guess you do not mind me telling you this ;-))

Jane said...

Welcome home, glad you had a safe journey. The British weather certainly knew how to welcome you back!

Allie said...

What a fabulous wedding - could you have picked a more beautiful setting? I don't think so! Thank you for sharing your pics, you two look so happy and I'm thrilled for you!

Janice said...

Your photos are lovely. You both look so happy. Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

What a nuisance with your flights. I bet you were so glad to sleep in your own bed and to catch up with your family when you got home.

Ali Honey said...

Thanks for sharing your photos. It looks like the NZ weather was reasonable for you.( It has finally warmed up here for us.)

May I wish you happiness and love for the rest of your lives together. From one Kiwi to another2!

Cardygirl said...

Congratulations to you both...glad you are home safely.

Gari in AL said...

Welcome back and congratulations, again. How long do you have until you are back at work/school?

Lynda said...

What fabulous pictures! Your dress is so lovely, there are yards of fabric in the skirt which must have made it move beautifully (and it's so flattering!)

Rose Marie said...

Congrats and what a whirlwind of a vaction you had. Be happy with the one you love!

quiltmom anna said...

Loulee,
Congratulations on your nuptials- It looks like it was a very special day. May you both spend many happy years together- loving and laughing. It strikes me like you have married a dear friend- What more can one wish.
Thanks for sharing your joyful event.
Warmest regards,
Anna