Wednesday 18 November 2009

Last Days

Tomorrow is our last day in New Zealand. We have spent time with all of Tonys nieces and family members. It's been great to see them all again.
Still catching up with one or two last bits of essential shopping. Today we visited another quilty shop, there have been a few! Todays was Obsession 2 Quilt in Temuka. Yes, I spent more money and I'm the proud owner of one of their Kiwiana quilt kits. The ladies were very friendly and I enjoyed my time in their shop.
*
Can't have a post without a picture so I thought I should show you another postcard picture. This is Caroline bay. The land has been made into a beautiful park area, with a skate park for the big kids and a swing park for the little kids, a boardwalk along the sands and lots of room to play or relax. We spent a lot of time down there. There is also an aviary, a fair ground which opens soon for the summer holidays, an open air theater and some beautiful rose gardens.

I have lots more pictures of the area and will share more another time. Tomorrow we have a round of goodbyes to do and hopefully a good nights sleep before we fly out on Friday evening. I can't believe how fast the time has gone, I've enjoyed my time here and just don't want it to end.
*
Gratitude's
1) The sun is still shining.
2) A wonderful holiday
3) Lots of lovely people.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Sounds like you have had awonderful time. Safe trip back

Janice said...

I can't believe it is nearly time for you to return home. Mind you, I'm sure you'll enjoy catching up with everyone there.

Make the most of your last couple of days in beautiful NZ.

Allie said...

I can't believe it's time to come home - I'm looking forward to your pictures. NZ looks like heaven on earth.

Lynda said...

All good things must come to an end, but I'm really glad that everything went so well for you both. Hope you have a good flight back.