Tuesday 31 August 2010

Still busy, busy.

I'm still here. Been pretty busy with all sorts of stuff, very little craftiness though. It's been a busy weekend. I've been shopping and bought more yarn to make more pretty baby clothes. Look what else I found. These roses were tucked into a bouquet with my favorite lilies. I had to have them.
On Saturday we went out for dinner with friends, that was lovely. Then on Sunday, we have barely recovered from the excesses of the night before when my house filled up with people expecting one of my roast dinners.
DD Kay had her boyfriend with her. Look what she did to her hair! She says it was meant to be blue! It did look kind of blue when the sunlight caught it.
Do you remember my cheeky niece Lala? She didn't want to have her picture taken, but Uncle Tony caught her.
After a busy weekend it was nice to relax and enjoy the public holiday yesterday. As well as a mountain of ironing I put a few more rows onto the ripple blanket.
It's about 30 inches long now and it's getting quite bulky and warm. I may put it away for a while and get on with some smaller knitted items, I'll reserve 'rippling Ros' until we get some cooler weather, then it will be wonderful to snuggle under there.
*
The new camera has arrived. I'm hoping to have time today to get out all of mums animal fabrics and photo them for you. While we were at the festival in Birmingham she asked me if I would make an elephant quilt for her spare bedroom. Then she proceeded to buy just about every single animal panel we came across, and a huge bundle of meter cuts of animal prints! There is enough fabric here to make about 3 quilts. I'll have to add a few bits and find something to use as backing too. Oh! And she'd like them by Christmas please!
*
Speaking of Christmas I'm in Chookyblues SSCS again. I don't have a partner yet, but I have been shopping for supplies and have a couple of ideas brewing, hopefully one of them will work. (Swap is now closed).
*
Right, I'm outta here, I've loads to do.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Beautiful roses. So unusual.

Gem has her hair dyed bright red so there's no if's and but's about her hair colour. You can se her coming from a mile away

Love and hugs Gina xxx

QuiltSue said...

Good to see you back. The roses are gorgeous. Not so sure about the blue hair though!