Tuesday 17 January 2012

I wish this blog had smellovision!!

 I bought some oranges last week that turned out to be a bit dry and not very nice. Rather that waste them, I saved them for a day off. I have a pan of marmalade bubbling away on the stove, this place smells divine.
*
So what am I doing while I'm tied to the stove? Well I've been playing about with crochet again. Shirley had a go at teaching me while she was here on her tour of Europe. I'm not a very good pupil though, and once she was gone I struggled. I have revisited the granny square from time to time, usually with disastrous results, but last week, on yet another try, I did much better. I'm onto my fifth blue and white square!! They are not the greatest but at least they all look pretty similar and I'm happy to call them a WIP.
Buoyed on by that small success I dragged out my Crochet for beginners book and tackled something different. Hmm, I think I have tension issues. 
So I booked myself some 1-2-1 tuition with Julie at 'Sweet Ginger Emporium' and this morning she helped me to produce some Granny Rows
 And, OMG!!!
The central medallion of the 'Wool Eater'!
 So now you know what I'll be doing while the oranges bubble away.
*
I got a lovely package in the post the other day. :-)
All the way from Janice in Australia. Thank you Janice. Look at all those pretty stamps.
 This was a delayed Christmas gift. 
 Janice has made me a gorgeous little baggie to keep shoes in while on my travels. I love it. :-)
Also tucked in there was a quilters calender, just look at that cover quilt.
I've drooled over each months image, but have yet to have a look through the booklet, but there are at least two must do's in there.
Thank you Janice. :-)
Right, I'm off to stir my oranges, it's nearly time to add sugar.

3 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

what a lovely parcel of goodies...hope it tatses as good as it smells xx

Ali Honey said...

Yes I think I smell it. Hope it sets and tastes devine.
Lovely gift from Janice.

Janice said...

I'm enjoying the virtual aroma all the way over here. Yummy. Now you just need some nice fresh toast.
I'm glad your parcel finally arrived. I asked Leanne at the Post Office if I could have stamps rather than just a label. She only had smaller denominations so there were lots. I thought she would just put them at the top right hand corner, but she had fun and put them all over it. We had a bit of a chuckle.
Hopefully you will get a chance to try one of the quilt patterns in the calendar.