Thursday 23 August 2012

I can take a hint.

I've had a few emails wondering where I am and if everything is OK. I'm fine, just very busy. Tony and I have been trying to make the most of what passes for summer this year. On nice days we've been out and about. I've also been busy in the kitchen. Those strawberries were the first fruits of many! Both Tony and my brother are delighted and keep presenting me with empty jars and asking for more. LOL
I have found time for a little shopping too. I treated myself to some new books recently. I found this one in the local book store and instantly decided to do a couple of projects.
 After saying I wouldn't be going, I exercised my girly right to change my mind and hopped onto a plane for Birmingham. Mum came along too. She bought more than me, which is normal. She has a couple of projects lined up for me.
 I bought some blue fabrics. I've been collecting blue for a few years now. I think I finally have enough and need to get all my whites together, perhaps it's finally time to start another big one. :-)
I also purchased a couple of books. I've wanted this one for a while.
 We all need some scrappy inspiration. I couldn't resist this one.
 Proof if it is needed, that I am still crafting. My blue and white Granny stripe is growing slowly. I put in a row or two here and there. 
 And occasionally I find time to scoot up to my play room and make one or two of these.
As you can see by my side bar, I've once again joined in Chooky's SSCS. Time I had a think about that and come up with a few ideas while I await partner details.


4 comments:

Nicky said...

Lovely stash you have there. The excitement is building already about SSCS isn't it!!

black bear cabin said...

looks like lots of fabulous inspiration coming your way! glad you and the hubby find time for walks...those are wonderful! hugs!

Chookyblue...... said...

glad you have been enjoying summer.......welcome back to the SSCS......

Janice said...

You certainly have found some scrummy books. I can't wait to see what you create from them.....and what your Mum has lined up for you this year. I too am looking forward to learning of my SSCS partner so I can get stitiching.