Wednesday 17 July 2013

An almost finished quilt.

I say almost finished, because I want to add just a little bit more. I tried playing around making some applique cherries, but wasn't happy with my efforts, so they got the heave-ho and I ordered some from the WWW. Hopefully they will be here very soon.
Meanwhile, I did some very simple straight line quilting, just echoing the outline of the string blocks, you can sort of see that here on the back, before I attached the binding.
 I used the same pink for the backing and binding. I plan to dot a few cherries about on the top of the quilt and that will be it finished.
There is one odd strip of fabric that doesn't belong to the Oh Cherry Oh fabric range, I added it for a bit of I spy fun. 
Time to do the domestics then go play.

5 comments:

Cardygirl said...

From the front or back, this looks fabulous!

Diane-crewe said...

beautiful x

Nicky said...

Your quilt is absolutely beautiful, love it.

QuiltSue said...

That's a pretty quilt. Someone's going to love it.

Janice said...

It's turned out beautifully. The cherries will just finish it off nicely.