Monday 9 September 2013

A date!!

My DH finally has his redundancy date! Yippie. As of November 29th he will no longer be employed. WooHoo!
It seems strange to be celebrating redundancy, but for us it's a great thing, we can start to move forward with our plan to move to NZ. For Tony it will be a home coming, for me immigration to a new life. So looking forward to that.
It will probably be into the new year before we make the move though. The receivers of the company Tony works for may require him to stay on as an independent contractor, for a large fee of course. Plus trying to get everything finalised before Christmas would be a bit of a pinch. So I'll get one last Christmas here with my family. :-)
*
Speaking of Christmas, Santa has moved along some, he must have, I wound him on a little. LOL
The hares are all back stitched and I made a start on back stitching other areas too, Santa's legs are mostly done now, as is the seat of the sled. Time to switch back to the left of Santa and get those trees finished off.
Can you see the nasty rusty needle mark there on the right?
I picked out the beginnings of the red border, I like him with out it.
I see no reason why he shouldn't be finished by Christmas.  :-)
As you may remember I've been stitching away on a surprise for someone who doesn't read my blog, that is progressing slowly too. Both projects will go on hold soon though as Tony and I are off on our travels again. We're going on the Grand Explorer Tour of Eastern Europe.  I do have a smaller project all set up to take with me. I'm not sure how much of it I'll do, we'll see. 
*
I'm off to stitch on Santa while I watch the Italian F1. 

5 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

so pleased it is all coming together for you .. and almost a date to start your new lives xx

Janice said...

At last! How exciting! I'm glad that you will still be there for Christmas before you leave.
This is the first chance I have had to check up on blogs. Santa is coming along famously. It will be good to see how he looks without the borders. I'm sure he will be great and very little of the marks will show.

Ali Honey said...

2 lots of exciting news. Your tour looks interesting and certainly cheaper from there than here.

Jenny said...

That's exciting, off on a wonderful tour! have fun and tell us all about it when you return. Or you may be able to blog as you go?

QuiltSue said...

I'm glad you've got a date at last. Now you can actually start to make plans.

Your holiday looks great, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.