Wednesday 18 March 2015

Behind closed doors!

It's surprising what you can get done, when the kitten isn't helping!
 I shut her out of my sewing room yesterday. She did have a little cry at the door, but only for a few minutes, then I heard her playing with her paper bag. No, she didn't rip it to bits, she likes to dive into it and then uses her rear paws to scoot herself around floor with her head inside! Sometimes she does a quick U turn in the bag and pops her head out, before rolling over and over! 
Bonkers kitten!
So, while the cat was away, this mouse played.
I managed to get the appliqué for the next Christmas story block all cut and fused.
Belle is shut out again today, so hopefully I'll be able to make a start on the blanket stitch before I have to go in to work.
 I also need to make two friendship stars for this block, so maybe I'll make those, also/instead?
We will see.
Also yesterday I started to play about with the yarns I bought at the Sally shop. I was supposed to be putting it away, 
But,
well,
you know how it is!
My current crochet project is almost finished, just one or two rounds to go, then bury the ends and it will be complete.
A girl has to be prepared for the next project.
Speaking of my current project, Belle did her usual inspection when I picked it up last night, then consented to fall asleep underneath it rather than on Tonys lap.
Though she did complain very loudly each time I moved it.
And how can such a tiny kitty take up so much sofa???
I'm off to play for an hour or so!

2 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

at least she keeps herself amused .... giving you time for your own "play" xx

Raewyn said...

Gosh that's getting extreme, shutting her out but whew you got some work done at last!! Love your blocks so far. Belle's paper bag tricks sound adorable!