Monday 27 July 2015

Busy, busy, busy.

I apologise for being so quiet lately, but I have been very busy.
Not always with my crafty endeavours.
I have dedicated quite a lot of time to another project, something that has come to me a little later in life than it does to most.....
I'm almost ready to reveal what that might be.
I've helped my beloved build a rather substantial workbench down in his man cave.
And here and there I was able to create a bag full of these pretties.
 Which, once they had been inspected.....
 I was able to begin turning into these.
Pretty flowers, which I will join together and make a beautiful flowers in snow blanket.
I have about sixty so far. I think I will need some more.
*
Hmm, what else has been happening?
The two baby girl blankets I made for a colleague were gifted last week, she was delighted and I received a lovely thank you hug.
The baby boy blanket will go into work to be gifted this week.
I didn't as yet bury the quilting threads in the produce quilt!
I will, I will.
Some time!
Over the weekend I was able to expand my culinary horizons again.
Tony and I have been given some Tahr meat.
It is an introduced species which is thriving here in NZ, so hunters are encouraged to take it.
I slow cooked a shoulder in my crock pot.
No picture, because, well there was nothing to see really, just a big lump of meat in a pot! LOL
I had been told that the meat is a little like lamb, so treated it as a such.
I added red wine, stock and some herbs to the pot and let it cook all day.
Wow. The meat was a little like lamb, but has a more delicate flavour.
There was virtually no fat in the pot, nothing to skim off for the roast veges.
We both very much enjoyed our meal and the small amount that is left will be made into a mild curry this evening.
It has to be mild, I don't want to drown out the flavour of the meat with an overly hot curry sauce.
Time to go.

2 comments:

QuiltSue said...

Hmm, so what are you up to? I do have an idea, but could be way off track.

Janice said...

How good to try Tahr meat. Thanks for sharing your views. Your latest crochet project is looking good. I bet I know what you have been up to.