Sunday 6 September 2015

There was a certain amount of swearing...

While he was up there.
 Drilling and screwing and making sure things are level.
 While he did all of that.
She did this!!
 And now we have this.
This is the sight that greets anyone who comes in through my front door!
And that weird pokey wee shelf that I never really liked, is hidden. :-)
Love it!
Thank you Mr. xx
Love you too.
*
The charming stars blocks are progressing.
I made three yesterday.
So quick and easy to put together.
I'm not being too fussy about the points, they are not perfect, but they are not truly wonky either.
They work for me.
Just a few more and I will have enough for a lovely little lap quilt.
Just enough to snuggle under on a cool evening.
Then I get to play with the quilting frame again.
*
I was looking at pantograph quilting patterns this morning.
Doing something like that would mean moving the frame away from the wall though, as I would need access to both sides.
Hmm, that would create issues!!
And necessitate a big shift about in this room.
The wee desk at which I'm sat would have to go.
And I suspect so too would the ironing board.
I think for the time being I'll stick to FMQ!
From the front of the frame.
*
I plan to spend the rest of my Sunday making stars.

6 comments:

Ali Honey said...

Your NZ fabric hanging looks great. Good little hiding place behind there, for tiny objects.

Maria said...

Beautiful wall hanging placed in an ideal place...

AnnieO said...

Great idea to cover the interesting but practically useless niche! I'm imagining the swearing I'll be doing when I put up the curtain rod I've been wanting too :)

Enjoy your playtime with FMQ

Anonymous said...

Hi Loulee,wow your quilt looks awesome hanging on the wall ,what a lovely thing for people to see when they visit you xx

QuiltSue said...

That looks great hanging there.

Diane-crewe said...

what a lovely way to great your visitors .. and show off your skills x