Monday 23 January 2017

Rainy Days

As promised, I'm back with a progress picture of my cross stitch project.
St Basils is coming along nicely, thanks to a very rainy day yesterday.
Sadly this image doesn't show all the pretty sparkly threads that are blended with the white.
*
After some quite frankly, bloody awful weather, I ventured out to the green house this morning, not expecting much. I was amazed to bring in a whole bowl of tomatoes.
We can only eat so many, so today I'll be preserving tomatoes.
And making a two cheese crust tomato and onion tart.

Yummy!

Of course, I plan to stitch a wee bit more while pans bubble and the oven does it's thing!

4 comments:

Maria said...

Your cross stitch is growing beautifully..
Hmmmm!!! the tarts sound delicious.

Janice said...

St Basils will be stunning when finished. Your tart does sound tasty. We are now starting to get loads of tomatoes too. Probably start doing something with them on the weekend.

Raewyn said...

Your cross stitch is looking lovely - and growing well...rainy days are good for more than just the garden!

Diane-crewe said...

how lovely to find all those tomatoes .. and for free xx