Thursday, 3 August 2017

A rescue job

My Santa ornaments are all done.
As I said in my last post, I stitched these many years ago, but made some amateur mistakes.
A few years ago I undid the poor job I had made of turning them into ornaments and it has taken until now to re finish them 
 I have to say, that although they are still not perfect...
 I am much happier with this new outcome.
 I know I mentioned my plan to add a ruffled ribbon around the edges, but when I saw the plaited green, red and gold trim...
 It just had to be!
Then I added the wee tartan ribbon as a final flourish.
I've fallen in love with them all over again.
I'm itching to finish my bigger froggie project now, so that I can make more ornaments.
They are progressing very well and I'm almost done with page one. 
*
And I have found out through a Facebook group that there is a tree skirt pattern with the same Santa's on it. I also have patterns for a red and a blue version that finish at about 10 x 12 inches. 



6 comments:

AnnieO said...

Looking very festive and charming, Lou! Great save for all that work!

Laura said...

These ornaments are fabulous. I need to put them and the tree skirt on my wish list.

Jenny said...

They are so lovely. And it doesn't matter that they have been waiting a while , you will be so much happier now that they are perfect!

Gari in AL said...

These are beautiful. You must be looking forward to Christmas when you can hang them.

I am said...

Hi Loulee,wow these ornaments are gorgeous,you are very clever my friend,well done xx

Janice said...

Your place will look lovely at Christmas with all your cross stitches.